Friday 18 November 2016

All I want for Christmas is a.......

Hey everyone! Christmas is just around the corner! Have you finished all your Christmas shopping and decorating? We are almost done shopping and we are all decorated for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite time of year, we reflect on Jesus'  birth and we get to spend time with Family and Friends and there is a special feeling we all get at Christmastime that you just can't describe. Snow, warm apple cider and Christmas Carols are just a few of my favorite things at Christmas.

As most of you know, this year has been crazy for Grant and I and my health has been all over the place. I started bleeding in July and I forced myself to finish at the end of October. I finally saw an OBGYN and he said that my progesterone levels were a 2.4 when they should be at 16 and my insulin levels were high. Since my progesterone levels were so low, I had no uterine lining so my body just kept bleeding because I didn't have a uterine wall to keep it inside. The Dr put me on a high dose of progesterone pills as well as metformin for my insulin. The day I started my progesterone pills, I stopped bleeding which was wonderful and exciting but I haven't had a period since and I don't know when I will get a period again. I go and see my Dr again at the end of November and hopefully I will get some more info BUT all I want for Christmas is a period....yes I want a period. I am tired of not knowing what is going on with my body. If I get a period then hopefully my body will hopefully start getting on track. The side effects of both of these pills are not the best either so that has been another downfall. I am just nervous about what will happen when I get off these pills!!

Anyways there is an update but besides my health, I am so excited for Christmas and I can't believe it's almost here! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas :) 


Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment