Friday 17 June 2016

God's timing is perfect

Hi there,

This post will be about events that have happened this past month!

I don't quite know where to begin but on June 4th, my hubby and I photographed out first wedding. It was an exciting, joyful, tiring and amazing day. Needless to say, I think I will go into wedding photography because I loved it so much. That same weekend, my parents got a new puppy "Sasha." She is a 2 month old black lab and is the most adorable thing ever. With that being said, Grant really wants a dog haha!

That week consisted of editing photos and getting things ready for a birth I was going to photograph and the baby was coming any day so I had to be prepared. On June 12th I got a call saying my client's water broke and she was about to give birth, so I booked it out of the house and photographed the most beautiful thing ever....Weddings are beautiful too but do not compare to seeing a baby entering into this world. I can't even describe the emotions that I felt as well as what my client's felt. It was a totally unplanned birth, as she was supposed to have a hospital birth but the baby was coming so fast, she had to deliver at home. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy who might I add is the cutest thing ever! Afterwards, I had to process everything because it went so fast as well as I couldn't believe I actually did this! Not only did I photograph a birth but I watched it and it was so beautiful. Later that evening, I, of course had to start editing, and couldn't sleep until I got most of the editing done because if you know me, I can't sleep until I edit. Tuesday rolled around and I got to photograph their Family/Newborn photos. Through this, some amazing things have happened, for one, I have made a friend and I am so blessed because I have been having a hard time for the past year as I haven't really made any friends and I get emotional talking about it but I am so happy and blessed to say that I have made a lifelong friend. Isn't it amazing and yet mind boggling that God's timing is always perfect!! Ecclesiastes 3:1 says it all "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

God is just SO amazing, I feel humbled, blessed, overjoyed, and full of emotions when I think of how amazing He is.

As I get ready to photograph another wedding in two weeks, I have to make sure I take the time to breathe because before you know it, summer will come to an end.

As you read this, remember that God's timing is always perfect even when it feels like it isn't and it feels like your life is falling apart, there is a bigger picture and we may never find the answers to why certain things happen but remember "Thy will be done." (Check out Thy will by Hillary Scott).

Mikayla Sawyer







No comments:

Post a Comment