Saturday 22 November 2014

Having an emotional past and how God restores us

Each and everyone of us has had some sort of event or something that we have gone through that has not only shaped us into who we are today but has also been hard and emotional. 

My story: 

I have gone through hard times the past little while. In this year alone, my dog died  just before I left for Africa. One of my friends/sisters at the time completely lost my trust in every way possible. She hurt me in many ways including emotionally and spiritually. I felt abandoned, scared and I was full of hate. Night after night I couldn't sleep. All this happened a week before my trip including things with my job, things weren't going well. When I got back from Uganda, I hated being back in Alberta because I didn't want to deal with all of this hurt again. Satan was pretty much in my way and I was so full of hate! I thought I had also lost my job. I was an emotional wreck, almost punched the wall a few times. I was literally going through the lowest valley that I have ever gone through. I struggled with a lot of things  and I was so blind because i didn't see or feel God at all. In about May I really started to find and search who God has made me to be. Since then my relationship with myself has been really good and most importantly my relationship with God has been amazing. He has shown me the love that he has for me and how I am a woman of God! I want to be that woman that when wakes up, satan says "crap, she's up." There are still days where all of a sudden I'll start thinking of the past but I know that God loves me and is taking care of me. We all go through hard times but please remember this....

-God loves you so much and will NEVER love you less but instead he will love you more! 

-if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it! 

-God turns the broken into beautiful. 

1 Peter 5:10- And the God of grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 

Psalms 147:3- He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds. 

Exodus 14:14- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Psalms 30:11- You turned my mourning into dancing, you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment