Friday 30 May 2014

Being the hands and feet of Jesus

I got asked today by my World Vision youth leader if I could write a blog about my experience being a youth ambassador aswell as my relationship with God so thank you for asking me!

In March I had the opportunity to do the 30hr famine at my church with the youth and I had the World Vision table set up and I gave all the teens sunglasses. Breanne spoke about what World Vision does and I got to speak about my trips to Uganda and how they have affected me.   I prayed that the kids would understand and would realize how much poverty there is in the world.
My experience being a youth ambassador has been an eye opener as I haven’t done much but just watching all of the other youth ambassador make memorable events and help change the world with their actions and their love that they have poured out to others.  I feel like I play a different role in being a youth ambassador by encouraging them and by praying for them and by watching them grow.

God has given me gifts of encouraging others and the gift of prayer. I am glad for Facebook and Instagram….yes I do post pictures of food or talk about the weather but that is also how I witness to others and I am also glad that we have a newspaper! I post my Africa trips in the newspaper. I write bible verses and encouraging notes on Facebook and on Instagram. I also let everyone know how amazing God is and the amazing blessings he has given me. He has given me an opportunity to reach to others through being a youth ambassador and he has given me an amazing opportunity to be a light to others all around the world. I have made some Christian friends through Instagram that live hours and hours and hours away. He has also given me the amazing blessing of going to Uganda twice!

My church built an orphanage in a little community called “Ogooma” which is in Uganda and in 2011 we had a fundraiser and the money went towards building a church in Ogooma and I raised over $15,000 in a few months. The fundraiser was whoever raised the most money won a free trip to the orphanage and I was the winner.  I used that free trip and went in January of 2013 and my life was changed. I got to meet all of the kids and I also had the amazing opportunity to meet my sponsor girl. Once I went, I had to go again and I had another blessing from God. I got to again this past January (2014). Uganda is my home!
Being a Christian is an amazing thing! Matthew 5:14 says “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
As Christians we have to live out God’s word and be his hands and feet.  When we have God in us we will shine with God’s amazing love and God will shine through us to reach to people who don’t believe and to people who do believe. We are the body of Christ, God has given us different spiritual gifts to help further his Kingdom.


 You are a light, That is why you are here!

Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment