Saturday 30 January 2016

Starting a new journey

This is it, usually if I start a "diet" or I start to change my eating habits, I end up going back to the way I used to eat. I don't eat terrible, I eat my fruits and veggies, I barely drink pop/juice and I don't eat a lot of chips or chocolate bars but starting Monday Feb 1st, I am starting a new journey. I won't be eating, breads such as tortillas, bread, waffles, pancakes, crepes, pizza pops, noodles, etc. I won't be drinking pop, juice or alcohol of any kind and I won't be eating sweets such as chocolate, baking, candy etc and I am going to fill my plate with more protein, gluten free foods, fruits and veggies. I will also be working out everyday, I have multiple routines that I am excited to try to help me get fit.

The reason I am doing this is because I have health issues that the doctors still can't figure out and It's hard for me to lose weight and It's hard for me to have lots of energy. I get about 8-10 hours of sleep and I usually have a nap in the afternoon at some point and I am tired of being tired, literally. I want to get processed junk out of my body and fill it with good and healthy foods.

When I have temptations to eat junk food or cravings just to have one sip of pop, I will fill that time with prayer and give it up to God, I want to be full with the Holy Spirit and I want to, want to crave for his word. Reading the bible and praying shouldn't be a chore, it should become part of our daily routine to spend time with God, he loves it when we spend time with him.

I don't know how long I will be doing this for, it could be a week, a month or a year. I will be starting with a week and then after a week, I will write a post about how I feel and go from there. I am excited and nervous to start this new journey! Prayers would be appreciated. Thank you


Mikayla Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment